The UB Women in STEM Cooperative was established in 2013 by an interdisciplinary coalition of women volunteers from across the University at Buffalo who pooled our resources together to benefit other women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). With so few women in STEM, we recognized a need for greater diversity in STEM.
Bridging the STEM gender gap through cultural inclusion and educational opportunity.
- Elevate awareness of women in STEM
- Encourage greater participation by women in STEM
- Accelerate the advancement of women in STEM
- Promote an inclusive climate that respects women in STEM
- Build connections among women in STEM
We are committed to empowering women in STEM by offering engaging content, authentic conversation, and a supportive community to women students, faculty and professionals in STEM from UB and Western New York. When women succeed, society succeeds!
Intended audience: All students, faculty, professionals and guests of UB regardless of gender are invited to join us and advocate for a more diverse and inclusive STEM workforce.
- Katie Barnum | College of Arts and Sciences
- Glenna Bett, PhD | Institute for Research and Education on Women & Gender
- Rebecca Borowski, PhD Candidate | Graduate School of Education
- Terri Budek, MS | Intercultural & Diversity Center
- Rebekah Burke, MS Candidate | Institute for Research and Education on Women & Gender
- Liesl Folks, PhD, MBA | School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Mary Henesey, EdM | Interdivisional Marketing & Communications — Enrollment Management
- Holly Justice, MA | Career Services
- Danielle Lewis, EdM | College of Arts & Sciences
- Teresa A. Miklitsch, PhD | School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Sarah Muldoon, PhD | Department of Mathematics
- Kathleen Murphy, EdM, MBA | Computing and Information Technology
- Robin Schulze, PhD | College of Arts and Sciences
- Rupa Shanmugam, President/COO | SoPark Corporation
- Robin Sullivan, MLS, MAH | Center for Educational Innovation
- Letitia Thomas, PhD | Undergraduate Education/UB STEM Programs
- Patrice Prusko, PhD | Academic Technologies, Cornell University
- M. M. Vickerman, DMD, MS, PhD | Department of Oral Biology